The holidays are upon us...which means Super Bowl XLIV is not far away. We've started to gather the info on the ads you can expect to see air on Feb 7, 2010. Check back for updates as we get closer and more brands give up the facts. (And if you've got a scoop, let us know or post it yourself!)
With about 90% of the ad time bought up for in-game ads, we expect to find out more in the next month or so. But here is a preliminary list of brands you should expect to see:
1) HomeAway Inc. has recruited actors Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo to star in its new national advertising campaign, which will debut during the Super Bowl. Developed with Seattle advertising agency Publicis in the West, the campaign will play on the pair's roles in "National Lampoon's Vacation," the hit 1983 comedy about a disaster-plagued family trip.
2) Cars.com will continue its ’Confidence’ campaign by DDB Chicago with one 60-second commercial that will air in the first half.
3) Diamond Foods - Pop Secret by Goodby, Silverstein & Partners, San Francisco (and potentially Emerald Nuts)
4) Anheauser-Busch - Expect a mix of Budweiser and Bud Light ads (as usual)
5) Coca-Cola - Probably 1-3 spots, perhaps for more than just the Coca-Cola brand.
6) PepsiCo - Unknown brands to be featured but should at least be Pepsi
7) GoDaddy.com - no comment
8) Motorola - No news on what phones they will be focusing on
9) Hyundai Motor - Unknown which car lines they will promote
11) Careerbuilder - Perhaps we'll see a new campaign kicking off
12) Monster.com - This is still rumored at this point (not confirmed)
13) Frito-Lay - Doritos - to air 3 spots of UGC from contest
Potentially, the Census Bureau might be in. As of last month was in final negotiations to buy a 30-second spot.
Pre & Post Game:
Sun Life Financial