Once again Ikea is courting controversy the way they prefer to: by depicting same sex couples as "family", just like any other couple. This ad depicted above, with the headline "siamo aperti a tutte le famiglie" (we are open to all families), has ruffled feathers in catholic conservative Italy as it announces a new store out in the countryside. Berlusconi-owned Il Giornale accuses Ikea of spreading "Swedish imperialism" with the ad, while gay-friendly mosinforma snarks that the paper is "ready to defend the freedom of Silvio and deny it to everyone else." Zing! Lets not forget who has a worse "family" trackrecord here, Berlusconi was after all kicked out of the house by his wife after many many affairs with constantly younger women.
hosting a site this cool costs a minor fortune. So—if you love what you see here, please donate. Thanks.
- P.S Lest we put this 13 hours 37 min ago
- Threadjack: "Thanks for your 13 hours 43 min ago
- Huh, they visually reminded 14 hours 45 min ago
- This is so bad its 23 hours 39 min ago
- Nice pic 1 day 2 hours ago
- Not sure I agree with you 1 day 18 hours ago
- Thanks for your opinion piece 3 days 44 min ago
- I agreed with your argument 3 days 6 hours ago
- You call yourselves a law 3 days 17 hours ago
- The spoofed logos are a nice 3 days 20 hours ago
- This is ad is really poorly 3 days 21 hours ago
- I dare Calvin to run this ad 3 days 21 hours ago
This is just 1 out of more than 3.500 Super Bowl ads from the worlds largest Super Bowl Commercial Archive at adland.tv.