Lacoste asks Norwegian police to make Anders Behring Breivik wear some other brand.
the Telegraph noted back in July that Anders Behring Breivik is a bit of a fashion fundamentalist.
Having been refused permission to wear a combat uniform, he has demanded to wear a red Lacoste sweater for his public outings to court or to the police station. He will not wear anything else.
Lacoste are sick of the 'free advertising' his red sweater is giving them, and have asked the Norwegian police to please make him wear something else Dagbladet.no reports. In Breivik's strange manifest he interviews himself, and one of the questions is "What is your favorite brand". The answer? Lacoste.
Lacoste are playing down/playing dumb when asked if they contacted to police to change Breivik's dresscode.
Police Attorney Christian Hatlo confirms that Lacoste has contacted the police.
- Yes, we have been contacted by Lacoste, but what they have asked to be between us, says Hatlo to Dagbladet.
- This I have not heard of, says importer Øisten Gulbrandsen to Dagbladet. He does not want to comment further, and believes there "should be an end to the focus on what Breivik is wearing now."
-" Of course it's unfortunate, but this is not so much to write about", says Gulbrandsen.
Please donate to keep adland alive. The Super Bowl Collection is the worlds one and only. It costs a minor fortune to keep up. If you love our efforts, please donate to keep the archive alive. You may also sponsor us with a large banner, advertise yourself as you help save our common advertising history.
Want to join adland?
Create an adgrunt account for 6 USD.
- The article is pointing out
1 hour 40 min ago
- Funny thing about websites,
2 hours 40 min ago
- That was really dumb
3 hours 36 min ago
- Subtle, guys. t(-_-t)
4 hours 55 min ago
- I take yours and raise you
5 hours 26 min ago
- ... They should have a
6 hours 1 min ago
- No idea mate, a bit of a
6 hours 47 min ago
- Me neither. But you know.
6 hours 47 min ago
- So spending a little dosh on
6 hours 50 min ago
- I see what is happening. I
7 hours 5 min ago