Preeminent Jury from Around the World Amassed to Judge the Best in Digital Media and Web Advertising for One Show Interactive
~ Will McGinness of Goodby, Silverstein & Partners named as Jury Chairman ~
New York (January 09, 2008) – Twenty-eight of the top creative directors in the field of interactive advertising have been chosen to judge the One Show Interactive awards, the industry’s most prestigious awards competition celebrating the year’s best in digital media and web design.
“Now in its eleventh year, One Show Interactive is evidence of The One Club’s long standing dedication to recognizing good creative work within digital media and web design,” explained Kevin Swanepoel, President of The One Club. “It has become the most coveted award for interactive advertising globally. This year’s jury, which reads like a Who’s Who of the interactive advertising industry, is the finest we have ever brought together.”
The 2008 One Show Interactive ceremony is a part of the One Show Festival, which is held from May 6 to May 9 in New York City. The 2008 One Show Festival will feature gala ceremonies throughout the week, awarding Gold, Silver, and Bronze Pencils for the best in print, television, radio, outdoor, design, interactive, innovation, and integrated branding.
For more information on entering One Show Interactive or the upcoming festival, go to www.enteroneshow.org. The deadline for entries is January 31, 2008.
Judges for this year’s One Show Interactive competition are:
- Jury Chairman: Will McGinness, Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, U.S.A.)
- Mauricio Alarcon, Crispin Porter + Bogusky (Miami, U.S.A.)
- Mathias Appelblad, Forsman & Bodenfors (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Sam Ball, Lean Mean Fighting Machine (London, UK)
- Laura Jordan Bambach, Glue (London, UK)
- Lars Bastholm, AKQA (New York, UK)
- Nicke Bergstrom, Farfar (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Jorge Calleja, Wieden + Kennedy (Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
- Xavi Caparros, DoubleYou (Barcelona, Spain)
- Pete Case, Gloo Digital (Cape Town, South Africa)
- Mark Chalmers, (Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
- Hillman Curtis, Hillman Curtis (New York, U.S.A.)
- Dirk Eschenbacher, Tribal DDB, Asia Pacific (Shanghai, China)
- Bjorn Hoglund, Daddy (Gothenburg, Sweden)
- Rei Inamoto, AKQA (San Francisco, U.S.A.)
- Kris Kiger, R/GA (New York, U.S.A.)
- Sean Lam, Kinetic (Singapore)
- Alessandra Lariu, Agency Republic (London, UK)
- David Lee, Wieden + Kennedy (London, UK)
- Sophia Lindholm, Forsman & Bodenfors (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Mauricio Mazzariol, Big Man (Sao Paulo, Brazil)
- Enric Nel-lo, Shackleton Digital (Barcelona, Spain)
- Benjamin Palmer, The Barbarian Group (Boston, U.S.A.)
- Fabio Simoes Pinto, F/Nazca Saatchi & Saatchi (Sao Paulo, Brazil)
- Matt Powell, Profero (London, UK)
- Koichiro Tanaka, Projector (Tokyo, Japan)
- Michael Lebowitz, Big Spaceship (New York, NY)
- Nicolas Roope, Poke (London, UK)
For additional information, please visit The One Club Web site at www.oneclub.org. For press information, call Diane Stefani or Rachel Konik at 212.255.8455.
About The One Club:
The One Club for Art & Copy is the nation’s foremost organization for the recognition and promotion of excellence in advertising. Founded in 1975 and based in New York City, The One Club produces three annual awards competitions: The One Show, One Show Design and One Show Interactive, which culminate in awards ceremonies held in New York City each May.
As part of The One Club’s mission to support the next generation of advertising professionals, the organization nurtures emerging talent through scholarships, portfolio reviews and an annual student exhibition. The One Club maintains a full-time exhibition gallery, hosts an ongoing series of lectures and events, and produces publications that include the quarterly one. a magazine and the One Show and One
Show Interactive annuals.