So we're landing on Mars. Again. Back in September 1997 when NASA's Mars Pathfinder landed and we tried to watch this via a shitty dialup from the BBDO offices, I never quite did get a good explanation as to why Mars bars weren't latching on to the worldwide exploration anticipation with ads congratulating NASA, when they had such a perfect name for it? I guess it was because we didn't have the fast-acting world of social media back then, and investing in print ads with a diffuse ROI wasn't a clients favorite way to spend money. These days quite a few brands play in the social media arena. Take Oreo cookies, who got into a bit of trouble generating backlash (and love) for celebrating gay pride day with rainbow stuffing. Draftfcb, and Oreo have now made colored stuffing a thing, as they welcomed the Mars rover landing with red stuffing all over their social media channels today. Cute, but please don't make any pink stuffing for October. It's been done.
hosting a site this cool costs a minor fortune. So—if you love what you see here, please donate. Thanks.
- While I love some of it, such 2 days 19 hours ago
- Advertising people take note: 4 days 11 hours ago
- The smiley face. o_0 4 days 15 hours ago
- Points for finding some 1 week 4 days ago
- Amanda Palmer is glutinous? 1 week 5 days ago
- Adriana doesn't even stay to 1 week 5 days ago
- I imagine the minute she left 1 week 5 days ago
- Brilliant ads conceived by 2 weeks 1 day ago
- I TOTALLY NEED COFFE-SHOT! 1 week 2 days ago
- That guy is SHAKING, woo, c-c 2 weeks 5 days ago
- Poor, poor insects ;) 3 weeks 1 day ago
- Dunno 3 weeks 2 days ago