So we're landing on Mars. Again. Back in September 1997 when NASA's Mars Pathfinder landed and we tried to watch this via a shitty dialup from the BBDO offices, I never quite did get a good explanation as to why Mars bars weren't latching on to the worldwide exploration anticipation with ads congratulating NASA, when they had such a perfect name for it? I guess it was because we didn't have the fast-acting world of social media back then, and investing in print ads with a diffuse ROI wasn't a clients favorite way to spend money. These days quite a few brands play in the social media arena. Take Oreo cookies, who got into a bit of trouble generating backlash (and love) for celebrating gay pride day with rainbow stuffing. Draftfcb, and Oreo have now made colored stuffing a thing, as they welcomed the Mars rover landing with red stuffing all over their social media channels today. Cute, but please don't make any pink stuffing for October. It's been done.
hosting a site this cool costs a minor fortune. So—if you love what you see here, please donate. Thanks.
- I found an interesting topic 2 hours 35 min ago
- Not sure I agree with you 5 hours 27 min ago
- Thanks for your opinion piece 1 day 11 hours ago
- I agreed with your argument 1 day 16 hours ago
- You call yourselves a law 2 days 4 hours ago
- The spoofed logos are a nice 2 days 7 hours ago
- This is ad is really poorly 2 days 8 hours ago
- I dare Calvin to run this ad 2 days 8 hours ago
- I think maybe you missed the 2 days 9 hours ago
- Yes. These days they are more 2 days 12 hours ago
- I've tried to clarify in the 2 days 13 hours ago
- I waited for the comments to 2 days 13 hours ago