So we're landing on Mars. Again. Back in September 1997 when NASA's Mars Pathfinder landed and we tried to watch this via a shitty dialup from the BBDO offices, I never quite did get a good explanation as to why Mars bars weren't latching on to the worldwide exploration anticipation with ads congratulating NASA, when they had such a perfect name for it? I guess it was because we didn't have the fast-acting world of social media back then, and investing in print ads with a diffuse ROI wasn't a clients favorite way to spend money. These days quite a few brands play in the social media arena. Take Oreo cookies, who got into a bit of trouble generating backlash (and love) for celebrating gay pride day with rainbow stuffing. Draftfcb, and Oreo have now made colored stuffing a thing, as they welcomed the Mars rover landing with red stuffing all over their social media channels today. Cute, but please don't make any pink stuffing for October. It's been done.
hosting a site this cool costs a minor fortune. So—if you love what you see here, please donate. Thanks.
- There are now only 224,018 5 hours 53 min ago
- I believe our current outrage 6 hours 15 min ago
- HATE this ad. Annoying and 15 hours 23 min ago
- Never mind... didn't watch it 20 hours 4 min ago
- Are you freaking kidding me 20 hours 5 min ago
- You know, I didn't see this 1 day 3 hours ago
- I'm pretty stunned that so 1 day 7 hours ago
- Offensive commercials. I 1 day 11 hours ago
- Contrary to what you think 1 day 12 hours ago
- The ad continues to run and 1 day 12 hours ago
- I'm digging it, so where do I 1 day 15 hours ago
- His Anonymouso, and welcome. 1 day 16 hours ago
This is just 1 out of more than 3.500 Super Bowl ads from the worlds largest Super Bowl Commercial Archive at adland.tv.