So we're landing on Mars. Again. Back in September 1997 when NASA's Mars Pathfinder landed and we tried to watch this via a shitty dialup from the BBDO offices, I never quite did get a good explanation as to why Mars bars weren't latching on to the worldwide exploration anticipation with ads congratulating NASA, when they had such a perfect name for it? I guess it was because we didn't have the fast-acting world of social media back then, and investing in print ads with a diffuse ROI wasn't a clients favorite way to spend money. These days quite a few brands play in the social media arena. Take Oreo cookies, who got into a bit of trouble generating backlash (and love) for celebrating gay pride day with rainbow stuffing. Draftfcb, and Oreo have now made colored stuffing a thing, as they welcomed the Mars rover landing with red stuffing all over their social media channels today. Cute, but please don't make any pink stuffing for October. It's been done.
hosting a site this cool costs a minor fortune. So—if you love what you see here, please donate. Thanks.
- Emasing! 3 hours 24 min ago
- Love these. 4 hours 25 min ago
- HA! Cute. 10 hours 33 min ago
- There's a lot of talk at the 18 hours 7 min ago
- "sugar on sugar" - accurate: 1 day 7 hours ago
- Hunger games reference, funny 1 day 7 hours ago
- There's one example. 2 days 2 hours ago
- I was a member of a pretty 2 days 7 hours ago
- "Basically I think the ad is 2 days 8 hours ago
- Sorry KS, but I'm going to 2 days 11 hours ago
- >functioning alcoholic who 3 days 7 hours ago
- This seems like so incredibly 3 days 15 hours ago
This is just 1 out of more than 3.500 Super Bowl ads from the worlds largest Super Bowl Commercial Archive at adland.tv.