So we're landing on Mars. Again. Back in September 1997 when NASA's Mars Pathfinder landed and we tried to watch this via a shitty dialup from the BBDO offices, I never quite did get a good explanation as to why Mars bars weren't latching on to the worldwide exploration anticipation with ads congratulating NASA, when they had such a perfect name for it? I guess it was because we didn't have the fast-acting world of social media back then, and investing in print ads with a diffuse ROI wasn't a clients favorite way to spend money. These days quite a few brands play in the social media arena. Take Oreo cookies, who got into a bit of trouble generating backlash (and love) for celebrating gay pride day with rainbow stuffing. Draftfcb, and Oreo have now made colored stuffing a thing, as they welcomed the Mars rover landing with red stuffing all over their social media channels today. Cute, but please don't make any pink stuffing for October. It's been done.
This is just 1 out of more than 3.500 Super Bowl ads from the worlds largest Super Bowl Commercial Archive at adland.tv.
- P.S. I can't judge it myself, 35 min 23 sec ago
- I am ernest und I am outraged 39 min 8 sec ago
- This cat is great. 53 min 23 sec ago
- Dear "Rape Culture". I can't 1 hour 9 min ago
- What was really offensive 2 hours 7 min ago
- Of course, it is humor to 2 hours 21 min ago
- Is your advertising campaign 18 hours 15 min ago
- Instant gym attachment! Good 18 hours 48 min ago
- Ima gonna find out. Here, 23 hours 21 min ago
- The best one here is Wiley 23 hours 25 min ago
- hahaha, they love cats, 23 hours 27 min ago
- Hahaha, they were great! 1 day 2 hours ago