So we're landing on Mars. Again. Back in September 1997 when NASA's Mars Pathfinder landed and we tried to watch this via a shitty dialup from the BBDO offices, I never quite did get a good explanation as to why Mars bars weren't latching on to the worldwide exploration anticipation with ads congratulating NASA, when they had such a perfect name for it? I guess it was because we didn't have the fast-acting world of social media back then, and investing in print ads with a diffuse ROI wasn't a clients favorite way to spend money. These days quite a few brands play in the social media arena. Take Oreo cookies, who got into a bit of trouble generating backlash (and love) for celebrating gay pride day with rainbow stuffing. Draftfcb, and Oreo have now made colored stuffing a thing, as they welcomed the Mars rover landing with red stuffing all over their social media channels today. Cute, but please don't make any pink stuffing for October. It's been done.
hosting a site this cool costs a minor fortune. So—if you love what you see here, please donate. Thanks.
- That's... I mean shouldn't it 17 hours 42 min ago
- My thoughts exactly! It only 20 hours 47 min ago
- Note too, that this tactic of 1 day 1 hour ago
- I want to read Bizarro 1 day 10 hours ago
- I may be short, but I still 1 day 10 hours ago
- David, forgive the pun, but 1 day 12 hours ago
- While I think you've turned 1 day 12 hours ago
- Giraffe crunchies! Yum! 1 day 13 hours ago
- Pause the ad when he is in 1 day 14 hours ago
- David, I'll be the first to 1 day 4 hours ago
- I think it's sending out a 1 day 15 hours ago
- This ad doesn't bother me at 1 day 15 hours ago