If you use TiVo to skip the show and watch the commercials, you ought to visit Adland, also sometimes known as Commercial Archive, ad-rag.com and Badland (those are also now the names of Adland sections.)
The site is a center for ad-related news and discussion, posting suggestions from visitors who also offers commentary on each entry in Slashdot-like style.
Ads come from all over the globe, and for a modest $2 donation per month, you can watch the videos -- cheapskates can only get a screen capture thumbnails.
If paying to see current ads doesn't seem right, perhaps you'll be swayed by The Claymore Project, a twenty-six year archive of Superbowl advertising.
- This is a great idea. I will 2 hours 43 min ago
- Yes this was made for the 1 day 22 hours ago
- Was this originally in French 2 days 2 hours ago
- Adidad shoots everything in 2 days 13 hours ago
- *Ahem* I hate to break up the 3 days 19 hours ago
- We can't expect them to walk 4 days 5 hours ago
- Lame location scouting: 4 days 10 hours ago
- Considering how many years 4 days 10 hours ago
- The ratty sofa thing and the 4 days 10 hours ago
- I can't imagine being Ebony 4 days 10 hours ago
- It took me a while to realise 4 days 10 hours ago
- What an unsurprising comment. 4 days 10 hours ago