Hear Wally Amos, founder of Famous Amos Cookies, share the history of his humble cookie beginnings with a Hollywood storefront on Sunset Boulevard to his now publicly owned company. Known as "The face that launched a thousand chips," Wally's most recent venture is Uncle Wally's cookie company which has become the #1 branded in-store bakery muffin and one of the top muffin manufacturers in the U.S. Wally Amos is not only the father of the gourmet cookie industry but an avid public speaker, author and literacy advocate. Wally has appeared on hundreds of television and radio shows, appeared in various network sitcoms and acted as spokesman for Hush Puppies, United Airlines and the California Egg Board. He is host and teacher of 50 adult basic learning programs on PBS, and has authored four books. Before Famous Amos, Wally was an agent for the William Morris agency representing The Supremes, Marvin Gaye and Simon & Garfunkel. You can tune in Saturday 8-10 p.m. CET (2-4 p.m. EST) to theadvertisingshow.com for the live webcast. Or check out the commercial free archives.
hosting a site this cool costs a minor fortune. So—if you love what you see here, please donate. Thanks.
- This information is worth 2 hours 54 min ago
- Ha ha ha! 5 hours 6 min ago
- It would appear that 1 day 5 hours ago
- Just to preempt any derails, 1 day 6 hours ago
- While I love some of it, such 6 days 4 hours ago
- Advertising people take note: 1 week 20 hours ago
- The smiley face. o_0 1 week 1 day ago
- Points for finding some 2 weeks 1 day ago
- Amanda Palmer is glutinous? 2 weeks 1 day ago
- Adriana doesn't even stay to 2 weeks 2 days ago
- I imagine the minute she left 2 weeks 2 days ago
- Brilliant ads conceived by 2 weeks 5 days ago