Hear Wally Amos, founder of Famous Amos Cookies, share the history of his humble cookie beginnings with a Hollywood storefront on Sunset Boulevard to his now publicly owned company. Known as "The face that launched a thousand chips," Wally's most recent venture is Uncle Wally's cookie company which has become the #1 branded in-store bakery muffin and one of the top muffin manufacturers in the U.S. Wally Amos is not only the father of the gourmet cookie industry but an avid public speaker, author and literacy advocate. Wally has appeared on hundreds of television and radio shows, appeared in various network sitcoms and acted as spokesman for Hush Puppies, United Airlines and the California Egg Board. He is host and teacher of 50 adult basic learning programs on PBS, and has authored four books. Before Famous Amos, Wally was an agent for the William Morris agency representing The Supremes, Marvin Gaye and Simon & Garfunkel. You can tune in Saturday 8-10 p.m. CET (2-4 p.m. EST) to theadvertisingshow.com for the live webcast. Or check out the commercial free archives.
hosting a site this cool costs a minor fortune. So—if you love what you see here, please donate. Thanks.
- While I love some of it, such 12 hours 2 min ago
- Advertising people take note: 2 days 3 hours ago
- The smiley face. o_0 2 days 8 hours ago
- Points for finding some 1 week 2 days ago
- Amanda Palmer is glutinous? 1 week 3 days ago
- Adriana doesn't even stay to 1 week 3 days ago
- I imagine the minute she left 1 week 3 days ago
- Brilliant ads conceived by 1 week 6 days ago
- I TOTALLY NEED COFFE-SHOT! 1 week 9 hours ago
- That guy is SHAKING, woo, c-c 2 weeks 2 days ago
- Poor, poor insects ;) 2 weeks 6 days ago
- Dunno 2 weeks 6 days ago