What Schitcky can teach us
Here is an infomercial starring the former Sham Wow/Slap Chop spokesman who was last seen "getting the crap kicked out of him" by a prostitute.
Picking on the ad is low hanging fruit, so we won't bother.
Besides, this "reply" to the Schticky ad by someone named TheReplyGirl is infinitely more interesting. Because it gives us a peek into the mind of the consumer.
This video is proof that people have recall and will tell their friends about an ad. Not in the focus group coerced way. But in this way:
Watching this drives home an important two points worth repeating:
1. The first is people will never remember the 800 number. So putting it there is a waste of space.
2. Clients insist their advertisements are overloaded with information. But people will never remember that much of it. Their level of interest isn't that high. They are busy. They have reply videos to make.
Still, even with this horrible infomercial, TheReplyGirl was astute enough to cut through two minutes of bad puns, sight gags, information overload and general creepiness to favorably sum up a product she's never used. In less than 30 seconds. So what if she flubbed the brand name? That's what search engines are for.
Really, what more could a client want to generate interest?
Please donate to keep adland alive. The Super Bowl Collection is the worlds one and only. It costs a minor fortune to keep up. If you love our efforts, please donate to keep the archive alive. You may also sponsor us with a large banner, advertise yourself as you help save our common advertising history.
Want to join adland?
Create an adgrunt account for 6 USD.
- צור קשר עם קוקה קולה ישראל
30 min 58 sec ago
- אני רוצה ששמי יהיה על בקבוק
6 hours 47 min ago
- Name Asaad
6 hours 50 min ago
- What, no pitchforks and
21 hours 4 min ago
- Worth it for your dream
21 hours 5 min ago
- I could care less about the
22 hours 7 min ago
- Okay, it may be hokey in some
1 day 11 hours ago
- What is the name of the song
4 days 8 hours ago
- With this card, they're
4 days 13 hours ago
- Haha as well as "Why is it?"
4 days 20 hours ago