New article on Slate discusses why that guy from the Subway ads won't go away, and proposes him as "a kind of perfect false idol for consumer America" - a ridiculous role model for a ridiculous premise - that eating Subway fast food is a valid dieting plan, and that someone who does this should be idolized. It also uses the phrase "hoagier-than-thou" which amuses me.
hosting a site this cool costs a minor fortune. So—if you love what you see here, please donate. Thanks.
- It would appear that 15 hours 13 min ago
- Just to preempt any derails, 16 hours 1 min ago
- While I love some of it, such 5 days 14 hours ago
- Advertising people take note: 1 week 6 hours ago
- The smiley face. o_0 1 week 10 hours ago
- Points for finding some 2 weeks 18 hours ago
- Amanda Palmer is glutinous? 2 weeks 1 day ago
- Adriana doesn't even stay to 2 weeks 1 day ago
- I imagine the minute she left 2 weeks 1 day ago
- Brilliant ads conceived by 2 weeks 4 days ago
- I TOTALLY NEED COFFE-SHOT! 1 week 5 days ago
- That guy is SHAKING, woo, c-c 3 weeks 21 hours ago