As a smartly dressed man walks through iconic South African landmarks like Ellis Park and Vilakazi Street, memories, achievements and ghosts of yesteryear, appear as a reminder to the nation of the times the country has made the world sit up and take notice in the past. Some of these places may not ring a bell to non South Africans, but we can still appreciate the look created by Kim who worked with BlackGinger and DOP Paul Gilpin to do this. To create images that had a photographic long exposure field, they shot multiple passes of the same thing at a very high frame rate. This allowed BlackGinger to fade up and reduce the opacity of each and every person, while the strider remains solid throughout the ad.
hosting a site this cool costs a minor fortune. So—if you love what you see here, please donate. Thanks.
- Plus ça change, plus c'est la 10 hours 25 min ago
- This is a really moving 16 hours 45 min ago
- Woah, when that thing hot up 17 hours 24 min ago
- No. Not even then. 2 days 7 hours ago
- This ad would have been 2 days 8 hours ago
- They really need me in 2 days 8 hours ago
- Jani - if you were the bride 2 days 11 hours ago
- According to Gavin "The 3 days 7 hours ago
- It's not sour grapes to call 3 days 7 hours ago
- It was pretty funny, but in 3 days 8 hours ago
- @ Ad Vigilante did you even 3 days 8 hours ago
- Of course they are Halal, but 3 days 8 hours ago