1. Orange's campaign featuring many many celebrities over the years, including Macaulay Culkin, Snoop Dogg, Mena Suvari, Darth Vader among many others like Verne Troyer, Patrick Swayze and Sean Astin.
2. Gene Kelly for VW GTI - the advances of CGI technology allowed Mr. Kelly to be brought back to life with the help of some very talented folks.
3. Steve McQueen for Mustang
4. John Wayne for Coors Light
5. Virgin Trains brought out a slew of dead celebrities in 2005, including Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon from "Some Like it Hot", May Witty and Margaret Lockwood from "The Lady Vanishes", Albert Finney Martin Balsam from "Murder on the Orient Express", Sir John Mills from "In Which We Serve", and Cary Grant and Eva Marie Saint from "North by North West".
6. Hulu launched their celebrity-focused campaign with Alec Baldwin during this past year's Super Bowl. Other ads featured actors such as Denis Leary and Seth McFarlane.
7. Yao Ming for Visa
8. Burt Reynolds for FedEx
9. SNL actors (plus others) for Pepsi. Andy Sandberg and Timberlake for Pepsi Stuff & Various for Pepsi Max - both Super Bowl ads
10. Luxor print campaign
featuring Chaplin, Che and Hitler
Did we miss one you loved? Tell us in the comments.
Adland's 10 by 10 - Top ten Viral ad campaigns in the past ten years.
Adland's 10 by 10 - Top Ten Marketing Mishaps in the past ten years.
Adland's 10 by 10 - Top Ten Banned ads in the past ten years. (NSFW)
Adland's 10 by 10 - Top Ten Freakiest Ads of The 00's
Adland's 10 by 10 - Top Ten new ad space ideas in the past ten years.
Adland's 10 by 10 - Top Ten Escalator ads in the past ten years.
Adland's 10 by 10 - Top Ten Spec ads that went viral in the past ten years.
Adland's 10 by 10 - top ten celebrity ads/campaigns in the past ten years.