What do you give for Valentine's day? Traditionally, chocolates and flowers. Well, Toblerone wants you to give a little more this time around. While the Toblerone website gives you the ability to personalize a Valentine Toblerone, even make it pink, it also has an insurance option. Last year the term situationship peaked as a trend search on google, describing that relationships are in fact a bit unpredictable - especially at the start.
Toblerone’s Valentine’s Day campaign urges people to dive into relationships without worrying about where they might lead. Ideated in partnership with creative agency Le Pub Amsterdam, the campaign's online activation, “The Love Insurance”, has a clear goal and light-hearted claim: “No matter how your relationship goes, love is worth it.”
What do you need when you face and mourn a sudden breakup? That's right - chocolate. So Toblerone encourages you to express your Valentine's love to that special someone, with designs showing their favorite topics - fashion, music, or classic. You can add their name, and a message - and even select pink Toblerone. Dare to send one, if it doesn't work out you can have your Toblerone insurance chocolate sent to you.
A joyful encouragement to go out and give love a chance with a special gift and jovial insurance even if your situationship will not last.
The campaign was photographed by Ilka & Franz, an award-winning photography and directing duo based in London. Their work blurs the lines between disciplines as they apply their aesthetic and humour to still life, portraiture, film, and animation. For Toblerone, it was the perfect choice to highlight the pop and vibrant colours of the brand's Valentine's Day palette and translate them into a subtle touch of soap opera aesthetic.
• Mie-Leng Wong- SVP GLOBAL BRANDS
• Jonathan McCarthy - Senior Global Director
• Justyna Biernat-Daszuta - Global Equity&Activations Manager
• Tom Slade – Global DTC Ecommerce Lead
• Kathryn L Tesch - Sr Brand Manager
• Derren Valydon - Digital Experience Lead
• Bharat Talwar - DTC eCommerce Lead
• Claire Kamara – Jr Brand Manager
LE PUB TEAM
• Milos Obradovic - Chief Creative Officer
• Valentino Borghesi - Associate Creative & Design Director
• Geo Joseph - Associate Creative Director
• Stefano Zanoni - Associate Creative Director
• Katharina Haller - Senior Copywriter
• Joao Araujo - Art Director
• Alessandra Sabbione - Global Client Service Director
• Irina Krasovskaia - Global Account Manager
• Vittorio Cafiero - Head of Digital Production
• Caterina Collesano - Art Buyer
• Roberta Remigi - Strategy Director
• Michael Galli - Junior Planner
• Shane Roche - Director of Communications & Ecosystem Strategy
• Ali Hares - Social Media Director
• Ilka & Franz – Photographers
• Nicola Morino - Noruwei producer
• Manuela Russo - Noruwei producer