//** * * */
We've obliged the ad agency involved and removed the spec ads for a brand of correction fluid which initially were sent in and posted as live work. Despite clearly marking the ads as spec and pixelllating away the trademark and removing the correction fluids brand name everywhere, the client and ad agency felt that the whole thing needed to be removed, the whole post and all the comments.
The posts have been edited thusly:
The original post - Correction Fluid Print no longer contains the images.
The update February 27 where the brands headquarters asked us to remove the ads doesn't mention the brands name (and never did). We obliged then by pixellating the trademark.
The update march 1 Correction fluid ads that never were we explain that on the ad agencies request we've removed [the ad agencies] name and the brand name everywhere.
And now as a final nail in the coffin, we've removed three images in the original post, and edited adgrunts comments. The images submitted as real work by creatives a little too trigger happy to get their names out.
The Creative Director of the agency explains their reasoning behind this request asking us to remove published content, as correcting it wasn't strong enough: Last Friday we were talking with the people in NY and the best way to repair our mistake is removing the ads: the client never approved this material, the management of the agency neither...
I appreciate all your help on this and your advise, but for us is urgent to remove all, inclusive the comments on which [brand name] is mentioned."
This means I've even edited comments on this website to remove the brand name. Yes this is a first, never done that before. They might make correction fluid, but this is one helluva mess if you ask me.
I advised against removing things, correcting things is what a blog-type website does best, and removing things is usually a sure-fire way of making the images reappear elsewhere quick as a flash. Hopefully, this is so old by now that people won't care. Apologies to adgrunts who's comments I had to edit. I've clearly marked any changes made with square brackets.