While Dabitch is sunning herself and chasing down ad peeps at Cannes this week, I'm still here...posting Ad Chat. ;)
This week, we've got someone from my neck of the woods...Edward Boches, Chief Innovation Officer at Mullen.
1. What's your favorite funny story about yourself?
Once presented an entire new business campaign to a prospective client and when they asked why it didn't address their strategy I asked "What strategy?," mortifying my partners and losing the pitch right there on the spot. Only funny in hindsight.
2. What piece of art (movie, book, music, painting, etc) has influenced you most? How or why?
After all these years, still the Beatles. Hard work, re-wrote rules, never stopped improving, satisfied selves first, got out on top.
3. Who was your favorite mentor and why?
Jim Mullen. Taught the difference between ruling and leading.
4. What's one thing that excites you about the future of advertising?
5. If you could meet with anyone in history (dead or alive), who would it be and why?
6. What’s your favorite website/blog, and why?
https://www.nytimes.com : Combines quality of content with the right amount of digital convenience
7. What's your trick to break out of a creative block?
Try not to get into one.
8. Who is your advertising hero and why?
I would never have an advertising hero. No one who chooses advertising as a career is worthy of being anyone's hero.
9. Tell us one of the things on your bucket list.
Cycle across the country and back.
10. What piece of advice would you give someone starting out?
Sell high. Don't invest in real estate.
Adland is supported by your donations alone. You can help us out by donating via Liberapay, the Paypal button, or using our amazon affiliate links.