I run this site (Adland a.k.a the commercial-archive.com) so that people like you (and people you like) can use it for personal entertainment, information, education, communication, and a fun waste of office hours.
So go ahead and browse around all you like. If you know how, you can even download stuff from the site but only for non-commercial, personal use. If you do, though, don't fool around with the copyright and other notices all over the stuff. They're there for a really good reason.
Your use of this site indicates your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Use. Your submittal of any personal information to Adland indicates acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
These Terms and Conditions of Use shall supercede any subsequent terms or conditions included within this website, whether or not such terms or conditions are signed by Adland. We reserve the right to make changes to this site and these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time.
If you visit my site Adland you're also legally obligated to the terms and conditions listed below and any other law or regulation that applies to the site, the Internet, the World Wide Web. You shouldn't access or browse the site if you have any problem with that, because once you start, there's no turning back -- you are bound by the terms and conditions.
- For everyone's sake, just assume that everything on the site is copyrighted unless I say it's not. So you can't use the stuff except how I say you can on this page or anywhere else on the site without my written permission. You cannot repost, redistribute, mirror, or any other republishing type things with the images, films and articles of this site.
The text and rants and the data [films,jpegs,gifs] belong to me, the comments and articles to their posters, the images of the ads belong to the advertisers and the text from books belong to their publishers and authors. It's not likely that I or the owners of their respective copyrights will give you permission. In fact, even if I wanted to, those dang lawyers are likely to veto any deal anyway. So it's better you don't even ask.
- While I try to include accurate stuff on the site, I'm not promising you it's accurate. In fact, I'm not promising you anything except fun and entertainment. So if you use stuff on the site, you're doing it at your own risk. Don't call me if there's a problem because I assume no liability or responsibility for errors or omissions on the site.
- When you upload or submit your ads & commercial work in any way, you grant us the right to use the ads in any way . For any content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos and even your writing, you specifically give us the following permission: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Adland.
- We have a removal fee for ads - if you submit ads to us and later want them removed, or replaced with another version - you have used our time twice and we will ask you to pay 500 USD per ad for our services.
- This brings me to SPEC WORK submitted by overzealous creatives: we have a policy - I will no longer remove ads that shouldn't have been leaked online at the agencies request - it is not my job to keep your creatives in line. I will however, clearly mark unapproved work as spec for historical and research purposes - so that people and journalists can fact check if a campaign actually ran or not here. Deleting the ads dilute the resource we are trying to build here. You should provide accurate information when you submit your ads, if the ad has not run then state that.
- Pictures of people or places shown on the site are either my property or someone else's property. No matter what, it's definitely not your property. You or any of your net-friends can't use it unless I said you can on this page or somewhere else on the site. And guess what -- I won't say yes. So be careful, kid, because unauthorized use may violate all sorts of laws. Be smart, keep the stuff you download to yourself. Photographers whose images from here are reposted on other sites may come after you with a bill - they have all rights in the world to do that, as the image copyright actually belongs to them. And if they do, may I say "I told you so?" Cool.
- If you don't want the world to know something, don't post in on the site in any part of the forums, in an email to the site or anyplace else. That's because anything you disclose to me is mine. That's right -- mine. So I can do anything I want with the stuff you post or email me. I can reproduce it, disclose it, transmit it, publish it, broadcast it, and post it someplace else. I can even send it to your mother (as soon as I find her address). Not only that, I can even use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques you post anyway I want to, including, developing, manufacturing and marketing products or other stuff using the information you post. Not that I would care to, but I could, ok?
- Content includes everything written by me, and guestspeakers members, on these sites. Any images films commercials on Adland are copyrighted by Adland and their respective clients. Don't even think of touching that.
- That brings me to what you do on my own site. While I occasionally look at the posting in my discussion groups or in my Forum, I take no responsibility and assume no liability for the content of those locations or for any mistakes, defamation, libel, slander, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography, or profanity you might encounter when you visit such places on my site. And don't be stupid by posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, nasty, mean, or profane material or any material that law enforcement types my consider a criminal offense, or for that matter violate any law -- anywhere, anytime. While I certainly respect your privacy and right to free speech, I have no choice but to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court which might ask me who might have posted nasty stuff on my site.
- I'm also allowed to change this page and anything else on the site any time I want to. That's because it's mine and I have means to do so. If I do change the page, then you're bound by those changes, too, whenever you visit my site. Tough!
- I and anybody else who helped me create, produce, or deliver the site are not liable for any damages you suffer when you use it. In particular, my lawyers want you to know that my disclaimer includes "direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the site is provided to you 'AS IS' WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. "
Alright, so that was unreadable legal bull, but here's the bottom line -- I'm not responsible if you're browsing around and the site damages you or your computer in some freak accident. I seriously doubt that can happen, but if it does, don't call me.
- Under no circumstances will I reveal who is behind a username/members name of this site that posts articles on the first page (that is, the news section) as the "informant" on the article is equal to a journalists source.
- I Can't belive you've read this far. Did you have fun?