Honda Civic launches "to each their own campaign", starring a Champion Luchador, a Ninja, a Zombie, a Monster....
A fully integrated national advertising campaign for the launch of the all-new Honda Civic began April 20. The strategy developed by Honda's long-standing agency of record, RPA, demonstrates the idea that we're all different and there's a unique Civic for each of us. Since the target personalizes everything in their lives from social media to fashion, the all-new Civic is positioned to be the latest canvas for personalization.
The print ads will be featured in publications such as Elle, ESPN the Magazine, Maxim, PARADE, People, Rolling Stone, Time and Wired. The creative features all five characters from the TV creative.
Out-of-home amplifies the Civic campaign messaging with in-theater buy placement of "Apartment," outdoor bulletins in more than 25 top markets, wild postings in the top 18 markets and the Civic video creative will be featured on the Disney Times Square digital billboard during the month of May.
To bring attention to the variety of different Civic models and the idea of "To Each Their Own," the campaign features five distinct characters. Each represents a different model and shows that there's a Civic right for each person, no matter who-or what-you are:
* Cesar, the Champion Luchador, is somewhat of a celebrity. He's handsome, charming and a bit vain so he, of course, appreciates the Civic Coupe's sleek lines.
* The Monster, Teeny, is a bubbly and studious college coed. Her practical nature and frugal budget align with the fuel-efficient HF model.
* The Urban Woodsman, Jack, lives in the city but is at home in the woods. He likes his Hybrid for its great fuel efficiency, which comes in handy on his many trips to the great outdoors.
* The Ninja, Aiko, is cute, innocent and deadly. A martial-arts phenom who's partial to red licorice and arcade games, she pairs well with the high-energy performance of the Si model.
* The Zombie, Mitch, is a salesman who's into high-tech gadgets. His Civic Sedan is loaded with options like Bluetooth HandsFreeLink and navigation system with FM Traffic.
"The Civic gets credit for being established, trusted, well-known and reliable. The challenge with this campaign is to get Gen Y to give Civic credit for being inventive and cool. To turn some of these perceptions into thinking of Civic as well-designed, trendy and technologically advanced," said Tom Peyton, senior manager, national advertising, American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
"We want to talk directly with our target by tapping into their appreciation for 'collective individualism'-addressing the diversity of Civic drivers while also engaging them around their common interests. The five different characters keep it entertaining and set the campaign apart. But, just as importantly, reveal that there's a Civic out there for everyone," said Joe Baratelli, EVP, ECD at RPA.
Four ("Apartment," "Woodsman," "Zombie," "Ninja") of five new Civic spots began airing on network April 20. "Monster" will debut on May 5.
Music plays a prominent role in each spot. The spots feature several breakthrough artists, including: Snake and Jet's Amazing Bullit Band, McChris, Barry Louis Polisar, The Virgins and Oh Land.
Honda Civic spots will air during the premieres or season finales of highly rated programming including Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, NCIS, Vampire Diaries, Bones, Fringe, Chuck, Nikita, The Bachelorette and So You Think You Can Dance. In addition, spots will air during the NHL Stanley Cup playoffs and finals, NBA playoffs and finals and on full-episode players on network websites and Hulu. As part of NBC's "Green Week," a custom co-branded 60-second Civic vignette will feature an original song written and performed by The Roots (Late Night with Jimmy Fallon's backup band).
Please donate to keep adland alive. The Super Bowl Collection is the worlds one and only. It costs a minor fortune to keep up. If you love our efforts, please donate to keep the archive alive. You may also sponsor us with a large banner, advertise yourself as you help save our common advertising history.
Want to join adland?
Create an adgrunt account for 6 USD.
- Considerably, this post is
10 min 1 sec ago
- The modern development of the
2 hours 16 min ago
- What is the name of the music
8 hours 9 sec ago
- צור קשר עם קוקה קולה ישראל
1 day 13 hours ago
- אני רוצה ששמי יהיה על בקבוק
1 day 20 hours ago
- Name Asaad
1 day 20 hours ago
- What, no pitchforks and
2 days 10 hours ago
- Worth it for your dream
2 days 10 hours ago
- I could care less about the
2 days 11 hours ago
- Okay, it may be hokey in some
3 days 21 min ago