Child Protection Foundation of Thailand - "branded for life" - print ads

Disturbing graphics in these ads from Creative Juice\G1 in Bangkok for the Child Protection Foundation of Thailand. Cringe!

Sittipun Chaitherdsiri (Photographer) Thirasak Tanapatanakul (Executive Creative Director) Chaidan Tiamsai (Copywriter) Laak Aramsril (Art Director) Thirasak Tanapatanakul (Art Director) Studio: Visionary

Comments

• purplesimon
    April 14, 2008 04:42 PM

Uncomfortable viewing, but also very subtle.

I like the idea of branding, but wonder if branding the child communicates the right message? Is it that kids are branded with the tag of abused their whole lives? I dunno. Not so keen on the copy, but could be translation. Even with these minor criticisms, the image is really compelling.

• Anonymous you d... (not verified)
    August 10, 2011 08:07 PM

if you will notice the brands indicate what the child is used for in one the child is performing oral sex in the other the child is being sodomized.

• AnonymousCoward (not verified)
    August 25, 2011 06:43 AM

Is this for real?!!!! This makes me MAD!!! How can a person (I would say something else, but I wont.) do this to innocent children in that country and in the world.
    It's MEN that do this to innocent children. It's rare that a women will do things to a child for (you know what).
    They know it's wrong, but yet they still do it. I just don't get it. There needs to be a place for sick men who do this.
    Makes me sick!!!!

• sammy_oz (not verified)
    February 22, 2012 08:21 AM

Are u dumb? this is a print ad. is a freaking thai campaign. WTF

• Kris Cannon (not verified)
    August 21, 2012 11:51 PM

What is more compelling, is that so many people do not know this goes on. Go to http://www.thea21campaign.org/
    This is a campaign to abolish the sex trade industry. It is....heartbreaking. I have know idea what this ad is used for, I was just looking for some graphics for a recipe card! But I hope it is to promote education and hopefully, be a voice for the victims.

• AnonymousCoward (not verified)
    November 24, 2012 04:37 PM

"looking for some graphics for a recipe card".... And you ended up here?

• Misty fox (not verified)
    August 15, 2017 12:28 AM

Just B/C this pic is part of some ad campaign doesn't mean it's not portraying the truth. Sick stuff like this, & much worse happen all the time, no one does anything about it B/C they fear getting involved. Which is just as bad as the one's committing the horrible crimes

• Misty fox (not verified)
    August 15, 2017 12:34 AM

Anyone who abuses children or animals is a coward. The punishment should depend on the abuse. IE: if the victim was sodomized then the attacker should be too,10x over. Kept in a cage w/o food or water? Do the same to them for twice as long. Or just skin them alive with a cheese grater/potato peeler then pour acid on them. Even that wouldn't be equal to the emotional damage they caused to these poor kids